Hi Wheatsville friends!
Your deli loves Dads!
Father's Day is just around the corner and your Wheatsville Deli is the place to stock up!
Feed your Dad our manly-man specials this weekend, like beef and pork Meatloaf, creamy Baked Potato Salad with bacon and green onions, and tasty green bean salads.
Check out the fresh selections in the Meat Department for specials on Coleman brisket, perfect as the center of a great dinner. Looking for some meal starters? The cheese department will be doing some cheese & beer pairings this weekend. Couple these with crackers or fruit and you will have a lovely, light addition to a meal.
Grilled ahi tuna, curry lime chicken salad and flavorful lamb meatballs will be on the menu, alongside our "Fresh in the Deli" Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – a vegetarian's dream! – and the cool, fresh Insalata Caprese, a delicious Italian-style mozzarella salad, perfect for a hot day!
And, to satisfy that sweet tooth, three-packs of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and slices of Vegan Coconut Cream Pie have been surfacing in the self-serve case, with our regular cakes and goodies! Come on in and eat up!
Here's a great, simple recipe from our cheese department for you to make your own baked brie. Enjoy!!!!
Summer's a great time for picnics and parties, and nothing makes a get together more special than brie! Try this wonderful recipe at your next shindig! You'll be the life of the party!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 (8 ounce) wedge Brie cheese, coating removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in garlic and almonds, heating until almonds are lightly browned. Stir in mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Cover with brandy and sprinkle with tarragon.
- Place Brie in a small baking dish. Pour the mushroom and brandy mixture over Brie. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve with warm baguette slices.